Single Hung Windows
What Are Single Hung Windows?
| Only the bottom sash operates on a single hung window.|
Single hung windows are affordable and can still dress up a home.
| The bottom sash tilts in for easy cleaning.|
Single hungs are very similar to double hung windows except that instead of having two operating sashes, they only have one. Only their bottom sash can be moved up and down for ventilation purposes while their top sash stays in place. Given that only one operating mechanism is required in single hungs, this keeps the cost of the unit down. They are generally cheaper than double hung windows.
Today, single hungs are still used as replacements as well as for new construction although they are not as popular as the double hung windows.
Quality And Affordability In One Package
Zen Windows Boston offers only one line of single hung windows, The Limited. Our single hungs are perfect for those looking for quality at budget-friendly price options. They come with the following features:
- Transferable warranty: Our single hung replacement windows are warranted throughout their lifespan. This lifetime warranty is transferrable. On the other hand, we also offer a 10 year warranty on new construction windows.
- Tilt-in bottom sash: The bottom sash of our single hung windows can be tilted in to make cleaning easier and more convenient.
- Minimal air infiltration: We incorporate double strips of weather stripping around the sashes of our single hungs for maximum weather protection.
- Meeting rail interlock: The interlock design on our single hung creates a strong barrier to keep air infiltration at a minimum.
- Energy efficiency: Our single hung windows are Energy Star and NFRC certified. For maximum performance, we offer additional energy efficient glass package upgrades.
- Multi-chambered frames: The multiple chamber construction on the vinyl frame of our single hungs offers superior strength and thermal performance.
- Innovative sill design: The one-piece sloped sill creates a solid bond between the sill and jamb to provide maximum weather protection.
- Balance system: Our single hung windows feature the Certa-force™ Balance system, which uses a coil for smooth and easy operation with minimal effort required. They are likewise maintenance-free requiring neither lubrication nor adjustment. Also, you can easily hold the bottom sash open at the position you set it to regulate airflow.
Our windows are completely customizable to meet your home’s exact measurements as well as your personal preferences.
To help you determine which window is best for your home, contact Zen Windows Boston for more information.